As the second chakra, the sacral chakra, also known as the Svadhisthana, represents two Sanskrit terms. Swa means “one’s own” and adhisthana means “abode.” On a journey to find your true self, it’s vital to open the sacral chakra, because it is how you identify with what brings you pleasure as well as with the creativity that exists deep inside you. It’s often known as the center of pleasure, creativity, emotional stability, and overall well-being in your body.
Consequently, a closed or blocked sacral chakra will prevent you from connecting with the center of who you are and can lead to feelings of dissatisfaction, scattered emotions, complacency, and lack of passion in your life. Balancing this chakra will help you to create a firm foundation for the entire chakra system.
Identifying the Sacral Chakra
This chakra is located below the navel near the center of your lower abdomen and back–directly on the lumbar vertebrae. It’s easy to see from its location how this chakra is directly connected to the ovaries. Just like all other chakras, the sacral chakra is related to the Prana, which is your force of life-giving energy, breath, and your consciousness. When there is no balanced flow for Prana, your physical, mental, sexual, and emotional health will be out of balance.
Signs of an Overactive or Blocked Sacral Chakra
Whether your sacral chakra is working overtime and giving too much energy to your body, or it is blocked, creating lack of energy, the result will be mental distress, physical problems, and a spirit that is unbalanced. The way you respond to problems with your sacral chakra may be just physical or just mental or you may experience multiple ailments.
The signs of an overactive, deficient, or blocked sacral chakra include:
- Low self-worth
- Disconnectedness from your true self
- Detachment from relationships
- Low sex drive for blocked sacral chakra or abundance of sexual energy for overactive chakra
- Feelings of inadequacy
- Addictive personality
- Anxiousness and aggression
- Mood swings and feeling overwhelmed
- Mental blocks when it comes to identifying and appropriately expressing emotions
How to Balance Sacral Chakra to Find Your True Self
In the quest to find your true self, there are steps you can take to balance your sacral chakra–whether it is overactive or blocked:
- Seek out yoga poses that will open up your hips–because this is the area where the Svadhisthana lies. Try poses like the extended child’s pose, pigeon pose, frog pose, or goddess pose. While performing these poses, visualize an opening of your lower body to a positive flow of energy inward and outward.
- To increase connectedness to the sacral chakra, get outside, ideally near water because this chakra has a strong connection to water. Practice meditation to clear your mind and focus on tapping into the energy of nature and water.
- Practice creativity–even if it feels like a stretch for you right now. Engaging in creative tasks may feel awkward at first, but it’s an important step to love and nurture your Svadhisthana. Whether you practice dancing, cooking, painting, drawing, or any other activity that allows you to create, remember to have no expectations for the outcome. It’s the practice of creativity itself that brings healing and balance.
Get Extra Support to Connect with Your True Self
Depending on how long your sacral chakra has been out of balance, it may take more time and effort to achieve the healing and balance necessary to connect with your true self. Be patient with yourself and remember you can always reach out for more support and guidance along the way.
I’m here for you and am dedicated to helping you attain the peace, well-being, and blissful life you deserve. In fact, my program, Increase Your Bliss, is designed to put you on the path to enhanced personal fulfillment, healing, peace, and greater joy in your life. If it’s time to take your journey to the next level, connect with me online now to get started.