Grounding meditations offer a way to bring your mind, body, and spirit back in alignment. There may be times when you feel off-balance or flighty and desire grounding and direction in life to increase your bliss. With all of the noise in your day-to-day, it's vital to take time to bring yourself back to a place of centeredness. The goal is to help you improve your overall well-being by reducing stress and increasing mental and emotional clarity.
These are the grounding meditations I've found beneficial to achieve these goals as well as cultivate a sense of calm, peacefulness, and increased energetic awareness. Sound good? Let's get started.
How to Prepare for Grounding Meditations
Whether you are familiar with the practice of grounding or you are new to the experience, it's important to prepare yourself and set some expectations for this time of rejuvenation. Quieting the noise in your mind takes effort and practice, so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time. These are meditations you can return to again and again.
Before you begin, take the following steps to prepare:
- Turn off any electronic gadgets, including smartphones, televisions, and potentially distracting music.
- Seek out a quiet, comfortable place where you can be completely alone for approximately 20 minutes. Choosing a spot outside in the grass or sand, so your bare feet can be on the earth, will enhance the grounding, but it is not necessary.
- Sit upright, but do not cross your legs, which will inhibit energy flow. Ideally, find a comfortable chair to sit on and plant your feet on the ground or earth.
- Allow your arms to drop naturally to your sides, or, if it is more comfortable, rest hands palms-up on your lap.
Focused Breathing for Grounding Meditation
Once you are comfortable and at ease, it's time to focus on your breathing. Correct breathing technique is essential to reaping the full rewards of your meditations.
- Close your eyes, or leave them open if that is most natural for you, but begin to bring awareness to your breathing pattern.
- Take a deep, slow breath in through your nose. Notice how your stomach expands when you breathe in. Then, exhale through your mouth and feel your stomach relax.
- Continue breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth, focusing on each breath until it feels natural.
- As you breathe, allow your body to relax completely. You'll notice your muscles are releasing tension and opening yourself up for meditation.
Visualization for the Grounding Meditation
While there are various visualization methods for grounding practice, today let's focus on the Tree Meditation, which allows you to align your energies with the energies of the earth to help you feel calm, rejuvenated, and at peace.
- Visualize your body sitting on the trunk of a tree.
- Focus on your body's energy flowing down through the tree trunk and into the earth as if the trunk is an extension of yourself through your feet and into the ground.
- Continue the visualization by staying in the moment and imagining the tree trunk going down through the ground until your trunk arrives at the Earth's center.
- As you breathe, allow any negative feelings, frustration, anger, pain, and or bitterness, to leave your body and flow to the Earth's center where it will remain.
- If you feel your mind wander, simply notice your thoughts and let them go, drawing your attention back to your trunk.
- Once you've released the negative energy, push your energy up and visualize the Earth's abundant energy flowing upward through your trunk to the crown of your head.
- Allow the energy to spread throughout your body, and rest in the feeling of calm and centeredness for several moments.
- When you are ready, return your mind to the present moment and the space around you, and open your eyes if they were closed.
- You can return to this place and visualize this new and powerful connection to the Earth's energies any time you feel disconnected or unfocused.
You Deserve a Grounded and Centered Life
The more often you can practice grounding meditation, the more natural and automatic it will become. Strive to spend a few moments each day to remain grounded and centered, connected to the truth of who you are and the energies of the Earth.
If you would like to receive additional support and guidance to achieve grounding and a blissful life, connect with me online now. My program, Increase Your Bliss, is designed to put you on the path to enhanced personal fulfillment, healing, peace, and greater joy in your life.